Wednesday, July 7, 2010

HEATWAVE and my outfits for coping with it



Massachusetts along with the rest of the East Coast is in the middle of a heatwave. Which got me thinking about how once it get's hot I stop dressing well. Men's vintage and vintage styled clothes are pretty darn warm. Jeans suck to wear, a lot of button downs are kind of thick. SO I decided to come up with an alternative to bad fashion for the heat.
This weekend I was given three pairs of 40s men's trousers. I love them but once pair was big in the waist and the leg length was too short. But it as so hot in suburban wonderland yesterday I threw on a wife beater and The pants that were too big and too short, cuffed them up and belted them. I was pretty sold on the idea after wearing it around and I wasn't sweating from just moving.

I was so sold on the idea that I went to goodwill this afternoon and picked up two new pairs of trousers to do this with. One pair is vintage and the second pair are just modern ones with a high waist(picked below) I can just throw on a cotton loop collar, be a little hussy and not button the first few buttons and be good.

I know I'm not the first person to think of doing this, but I like doing it. It makes me feel like I don't have to dress poorly due to the crappy weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment